The Kibworth School – Curriculum
The Kibworth School curriculum model is underpinned by our mission to:
- Enable all students to embrace ‘Talent, Knowledge and Success’ in all that they do.
- Ensure all have access to a world class education to help them progress into world class higher/further education, training, apprenticeships and employment.
- Work with and for the local community and being an ’Expert’ of education.
- Be committed to ensuring a positive, safe and successful place of learning.
- Provide a culture of excellence, knowledge, diversity and tolerance to allow all learners to thrive.
Students follow the curriculum model below:
All Year 9, 10 and 11 students follow a core curriculum of:
- English Language
- English Literature
All current Year 9 and 10 students follow the Triple Science pathway; Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
During Year 9, all students are able to select four option choices, which when combined with their core subjects ensures that they will complete at least 10 qualifications at Level 1 or above. Year 9 students will start their GCSE Option subjects after the Easter holiday of their Year 9 studies.
Students are currently able to choose four of the following Option subjects:
Art and Design – Fine Art Food Preparation and Nutrition
Business Studies French
Computer Science History
Dance Information Technologies
Design Technology Physical Education
Economics Religious Studies
Film Studies Spanish
When selecting their option subjects students are required to choose at least one EBacc subject. However, if a student would benefit from taking Additional Studies and/or an ASDAN qualification then students are able to complete this pathway.
Spiritual, moral, cultural, social options.
All students take Religious Studies as part of their core curriculum in year 7 and 8. This is then offered as a GCSE option choice when they enter Year 9.
The pastoral model develops students SMSC awareness and development, including:
- Discussion focusing on recent news events.
- British Values
- Life Skils
Extra curriculum programmes are offered to the pupils, including opportunities such as Duke of Edinburgh and Enterprise.
Route through Education:
All Year 9 students receive independent careers advice though LifeJigsaw. Students also have access to a web based careers search tool called START. All students receive careers advice through pastoral support in the school.
If you have any queries regarding the Kibworth School curriculum model or Year 9 options, then please contact Mr. M Robertson (Assistant Headteacher – Curriculum) through email at email@example.com or via the school telephone number 0116 279 2238.