Statutory Guidelines for Careers Support in Schools
‘The fast-changing world of work puts an ever-greater demand on all of us to support young people in making a successful transition from education to employment, helping them to identify and choose career opportunities that are right for them’.
The governments’ new Careers Strategy, published in December 2017, and statutory guidance for school leaders and school staff, published in January 2018, set out the plan for building a high-quality careers system that will help young people to achieve’.
(Claudia Harris, CEO, The Careers & Enterprise Company)
The Gatsby Charitable Foundation (http://www.gatsby.org.uk/) has provided schools with a clear blueprint of what good careers provision should look like.
- Sept 2012 onwards – all schools should ensure that pupils are provided with independent careers guidance from Year 7
If you have any questions or wish to request an appointment with our independent careers advisor that we have based at school, contact Mrs Rees; our lead member of staff for Careers advice and guidance.
Work Experience 2019 / 20
Apprenticeships & Opportunities
- Ibstock Brick Advanced Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship
- Ibstock Brick Advanced Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship
- LLEP World Of Work Guide 2019 20
- Make UK Open Day 25 Jan 2020