Why do we have a School Council?
- A Student Council benefits the whole school
- It gives students the chance to express their views
- Students can have an input on important decisions
- Students can develop confidence and communication skills
Aims of the Council:
- To represent the student body
- To gather the views of students about improving the school
- To present proposals to other key groups within our community, including: the Leadership Team, Governors, Teachers, the Site Team and the Catering Team.
- To publicise the role and work of the council in order to raise awareness.
- To help organise/participate in events in school which are linked to these aims, such as: assemblies, whole school events and social functions.
Recent Student Council discussions and actions
- Reducing the use of plastics in the canteen.
- Construction of bike sheds.
- Refurbishment of the student toilets.
- Christmas greetings for the residents of Kibworth Court.
- Well-being ambassador training.
- Litter picking rotas.
- Extra litter bins.
- House names.
- Social media survey.
- Student planner survey.